Dr. Russel Legreid II Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Russel Legreid II?

Excellent Doctor and Surgeon!

Posted on August 3rd, 2016

After suffering from chronic sinusitis for decades, I was extremely grateful to be referred to Dr. Legreid and his team of professionals at Bluffton Regional Medical Center. My Nurse Practitioner recommended him, as he had performed sinus surgery on her daughter and she gave him high praises. She called to make my appointment, and remarkably, it was scheduled for the very next day. Dr. Legreid ordered a CAT Scan, and his office staff worked magic to expedite insurance pre-certification (which can take 7-10 days) so it could be scheduled for the following day. I returned to his office in less than 24 hours for the CAT Scan and followed up with a consultation with Dr. Legreid on the same day. He recommended sinus surgery, which we scheduled two months away (in May 2016) due to my busy work schedule. I live one hour from Bluffton, so I appreciated them working me right in and scheduling the tests and follow-up on the same day. It is unbelievable I completed the necessary tests, and was given a diagnosis and recommendation in less than 48 hours from the initial contact. In today's world, that process may take several weeks or even months to complete! The day following my Cat Scan and diagnosis I received a phone call from Dr. Legreid to see if I had any questions about what was discussed in his office or questions about the pending surgery. I was impressed that he took the time to call in person rather than delegate that task to his nurse. He spelled out the risks involved with the surgery and provided me with written Post-Op Instructions well before the surgery. I never felt pushed or pressured into the surgery. Pre-op testing went like clockwork, all scheduled on the same day for my convenience. On the day of my surgery, Dr. Legreid came by my room before the surgery with last minute reassurances, and he was there when I woke up after the surgery. Followup visits were always on schedule; I never had to wait in his office for a ridiculous amount of time like most doctors, and his staff was always friendly and professional. Patient instructions were always provided in writing just to make sure you understood the Doctor's orders. Dr. Legreid's Bedside Manner gets a "10" as he always greeted with a big smile and his jovial disposition put me at ease. And he was always conscience of the cost incurred by the office visits, as he informed me that the cost of the surgery included so may office visits post-surgery and that additional office visits will require a co-pay from the patient. He did not abuse the opportunity to have me coming back more than necessary. Two weeks after the surgery I developed an infection (which was my own fault by being too ambitious so soon after surgery). I called his office about the infection and they worked me in immediately. When I returned to my hometown pharmacy, the meds were ready to pick up. I was informed of the risks of sinus surgery up front and realized that it is not always a successful solution to your problem. If you don't trust your doctor, you need to get a second opinion or go to a different doctor. For the surgery to be successful, it takes both the skills of your doctor and the cooperation of the patient to follow doctor's orders. Sinus surgery was no "picnic in the park", but I would not hesitate to go through it again if I knew I would be in the care of Dr. Legreid and his team of professionals. My quality of life has improved significantly since the surgery and I am thankful for skilled surgeons like Dr. Legreid and the care I received by everyone in Bluffton.

My VERY poor experience with Dr. Legreed!!!!!!!

Posted on February 15th, 2016

I had a VERY BAD experience with Dr. Legreid!!! I had been very sick when I came to him, and explained all of my drug sensitivities to him in my medical questionnaire!! He IMMEDIATELY said I needed surgery, even though I'd had sinus surgery only a few months prior, and was very pushy about it, stating that he knew what had happened, and why the surgery had not been successful, critizing the doctors at St. Thomas who'd performed the surgery! He said he just didn't know how they'd missed this glaring problem! They hadn't, but he needed to do at least 15 surgeries a month, to maintain his position at our local hospital, and it would seem, he was behing!! He didn't listen to any of my concerns, simply pushed for surgery, dismissing any of my concerns, "because he'd done this surgery, OVER 100 times"!! He urged me to take, really insisted, drugs that I told him that I was sensitive to, to almost the point of intimidation!! By that, I mean he said that this was the reason the previous surgeries hadn't wkd, but he was so good, that if I just did as he said, I'd be fine!!!!! NOT!!! As a matter of fact, he made my situation MUCH worse, and caused a bad eye infection, such was his incompetence in my situation!! There were also times that I felt that he was just inappropriate in his mannerisms, standing very close to me, and paying stupid, syrupy compliments, to the point that I was made to feel uncomfortable! He ALWAYS shut the door, so that we were alone in the room together! I'd never have stayed with him, except that he said that he could remedy my situation, playing on my fears of MRSA, and other fears of having to go back into the hospital! You see, Id been hospitalilzed 7 times, during the period between 06 and 07, and he really played on this fear!!! I felt that was disgusting and reprehensible behavior, once I figured it out, and my surgery was a complete flop!! It's also interesting to note, that he was cut back from approximately, $250,000 to just about 1/2 of that amount, and basically left in the dead of night, not even notifying his own staff that he was leaving! And, from what I'm seeing now, he seems to have a pattern of not staying anywhere longer than 5 years!!

SINUS SURGERY BUTCHER

Posted on August 18th, 2015

This doctor should be barred from medical field. Where ever he is he will run to another state once patient start piling up with problems from his BY THE BOOK SURGERIES< I have read other reviews that state about the same problems. He will screw up sinus surgery and blame you for the mess us. Slam you in front of others, even when you are confused and just wanting answers, Dont have sinus surgery

apparently moves without letting patients know

Posted on April 21st, 2015

I had reconstructed sinus surgery done, diagnose meirneres disease. Been trying to locate Dr Legreid after filing for disablity to get records but his office has moved. During my proceedure the last office visit, he sat my in the hallway slamming one of his hands on the other and said I dont know what else to do for you I did your surgery by the book, screaming this at me in front of everyone... Like it was my own fault the surgery made my condition much worse, I told him I still was too sick, constant drainage that chokes me til I throw up; sensitivity now to coldness, will send me in extremely painful facial fits. (crying with pain) so if anyone knows where he is tell him to let people know that he treated in tn. He left a lot of us here in some major bad ways....VERY DISAPPOINTED PATIENT

Posted on March 29th, 2017