Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell J Crew has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Russell J Crew has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Russell J Crew has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Russell J Crew is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Strong mind. Thinks through health challenges with unmatched insight and straight forward medical knowledge! If you are a patient who has had considerable experience with both doctors and hospitals, I am especially speaking to you when I share, Dr. Crew has a gifted ability to get to the point, while at the same time takes into consideration the various diagnoses (and implications) involved in your case with a kind and professional demeanor. I don't say this lightly: HE IS A GREAT ASSET TO YOUR TEAM OF DOCTORS.
Dr. Crew is an amazing doctor. He has been handling my case after my second kidney transplant & I couldn't be happier with my care. I am convinced that I would have lost the transplanted kidney (as I did the first transplanted kidney) were it not for the excellent care of Dr Crew & the amazing staff at NYP's transplant division as well as the outstanding ICU Staff. Due to severe complications following a second transplant, I spent almost 4 months at NYP so I feel I have considerable knowledge about the facility - its the best!! I would not trust my life nor the lives of my loved ones to any other facility. Dr Crew & the transplant staff go above & beyond any expectations. Don't hesitate to trust them with your life.
Exceptional Doctors, listens and cares for patient takes time to explain, comforting and supportive. Great Guy!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Russell J Crew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyp Columbia University Medical Center, 622 W 168th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell J Crew in this video.
Dr. Russell J Crew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.