Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell E Dempsey
Dr. Russell E Dempsey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hudsonville, MI. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Dempsey is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center. Dr. Dempsey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Russell E Dempsey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sports Medicine
- Family Planning
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
1st let me say I really do like Dr Russ. Very personal doctor always seems to know you history when you see him. The problem is trying to get an appointment to see him. When you call you doctors office to schedule an appointment you do not expect to hear that it will be 2 weeks. Most people call when there is something wrong. They cant usually wait 2 weeks. For this reason I really have no choice as to look for another primary care physician. Not really what I want to do but this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Also noticed that they are taking new patients! really! when you cant get your current patients in for 2 weeks. maybe they need to stop taking new patients and concentrate on the patients they have.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2013, 2011, 2012, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dempsey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1986
St Marys Medical Center
Dr. Russell E Dempsey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPartners In Family Health Plc, 4700 32nd Ave, Hudsonville, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell E Dempsey in this video.
Dr. Russell E Dempsey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hudsonville, MI.