Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell E Perry has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Russell E Perry has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Russell E Perry has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Russell E Perry is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
It was necessary to fill out registration forms prior to making an appointment which I found unusual. However they were easily downloaded from the website. Staff were friendly when papers were dropped off and scheduled an appointment for the near future and arranged for blood work to be done, which is performed by staff. I had gone to Dr Perry in Florida and find him to be a warm individual who is easy to talk to. Staff ensured blood work results were received which contained Dr. Perry's comments regarding the results.
My husband has been one of Dr. Perry's patients for years. They couldn't squeeze my very sick husband in when he was throwing up and having diarhea with a high fever. My husband tried to get in two days in a row. They wouldn't see him and they were so rude to my husband he was in tears. The receptionist argued with him and basically called him a liar and said, "You didn't try to get in with us yesterday" No. My husband just likes making things up. Stupid, rude women! Also, one of my last visits when I was being weighed, the women repeated my weight loudly for others to hear. She then said too loudly, "What happened to you?" I informed her that I had a baby since the last time she saw me. She then said "oh". I was so uncomfortable.
45 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Russell E Perry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTusculum Family Physicians, 1404 Tusculum Blvd Ste 3000, Greeneville, TN
Dr. Russell E Perry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greeneville, TN.