Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell G Hug MD
Dr. Russell G Hug has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Russell G Hug has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Russell G Hug is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell G Hug - Posted on May 9th, 2019
He doesn't seem very invested, and seems to focus a lot on weight (I'm a perfectly average-sized person). I've never had a bad visit with him, but I've never been particularly happy with him either. I've had a couple of serious issues I have ended up taking care of myself by seeing specialists not referred by him. I have been seeing him for four years, but have been meaning to find a different doctor this entire time.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell G Hug - Posted on March 30th, 2019
Worst Initial Visit Ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell G Hug - Posted on December 12th, 2018
I am a very physically fit, muscular female who at the same time wears a size 0 or 2. I am 5'8". Dr. Hug's assistant weighed me and he concluded that I was "too fat." When I suggested that he consider the density of muscle mass vs. fat, he dismissed me entirely and said to "stop lifting weights because it's unnecessary and makes you gain weight." Just completely ignorant of body composition, etc. Barely heard a word I said, and was driven to his own sweeping conclusions rather than paying attention to individual facts. NEVER AGAIN.
A doctor who creates harm for his patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell G Hug - Posted on October 18th, 2018
I have never met a more arrogant, condescending and ignorant doctor in my life. My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer by hug and we never heard from him after. Not one phone call not one follow-up of test . Nothing. He took a vow to do no harm... He broke that vow totally and completely. Shocked that a doctor would behave so coldly
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell G Hug - Posted on July 18th, 2018
29 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Russell G Hug Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMORTON KLEIN HUG AND SABIN MDS, 3290 W Big Beaver Rd Ste 420, Troy, MI
Dr. Russell G Hug is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Troy, MI.