Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell E Leong has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Watery Eyes
- Drug Allergy
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Food Allergies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I was first diagnosed with three cancerous tumors in my lungs, after having a pet scan the diagnosis changed to a lung infection MAC, I then went for a second opinion and that was the same, after several meetings with the lung specialists, I chose to go with Dr Kleinfenz at UCSF. The medication that was prescribed for me contained an antibiotic that I was allergic to, I sought out Dr Leong after many friends told me he excellent. I spent almost two hours with him and felt so at ease, he helped me put my illness in perspective and erased most of my fears, I am confident that I will be able to take the medication prescribed for me and dosage that has been changed in strength and look forward to eliminating my infection.NM
OK - so I find it funny as a patient to be "rating" a doctor..particularly in a tricky area like allergies, but let me say that Dr. Leong is extremely good at walking down a logical path of identifying the problem and then reco'ing treatment. Eliminating and controlling for certain common variables before going to the next step (medication), etc.Also VERY GOOD at being in dialogue with you (in this case, I'm the mom of the patient) and explaining exactly what he's thinking, why he's recommending X or Y, and just doing his best to educate.Also great with kids. (i have an active 4 year old)Staff is extremely professional and friendly.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Russell E Leong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthern California Foot And Ankle, 3838 California St Rm 108, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell E Leong in this video.
Dr. Russell E Leong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.