Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell W Nelson MD
Dr. Russell W Nelson has 2 locations
Dr. Russell W Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Russell W Nelson has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Russell W Nelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell W Nelson - Posted on January 18th, 2019
Dr. Nelson operated on me and they where successful. I still have pain but nothing like I had b4 the surgeries which is to be expected. I couldn't walk b4 and had problems emptying my bladder ect,ect. The office staff are all very knowledgeable and very caring and will answer all questions. I would recommend Dr. Nelson if having your having any type of back problems. Hes a great doctor with steady hands. He made my life normal again. Thanks Doc!
DR. Nelson helper me walk again with no pain.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell W Nelson - Posted on November 12th, 2017
After falling off a horse in 2009, shattering my L2 and almost being paralyzed my husband and I were referred to Dr. Nelson. Upon spending 9 days at Los Robles Hospital we narrowed it down between 2 Dr's, one was a Neuro Surgeon who wanted to do an extensive surgery and Dr. Nelson an Ortho who explained a more conservative way. All I can say is I'm so happy I chose Dr. Nelson. Although he inserted 8 screws and 2 rods of which I still have, I have never had any pain since. I recommended him to 2 friends who were also very happy with their surgery. On another note I had low back surgery in 2005 at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute and went with a very highly recommended Dr. who not only was I extremely unhappy with but have had pain ever since.
Dr. Russell Nelson just did not connect with what i was feeling
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell W Nelson - Posted on December 3rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell W Nelson - Posted on September 5th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Russell W Nelson - Posted on March 25th, 2015
Everything about my experience facing & going through spinal surgery was seemingly easier due to all the categories above .. office staff is beyond excellent and the speed with which I was diagnosed & treated also shocked me .. I'm still in recovery but again, the expected time of recovery was so fast that this type of surgery must be well advanced technologically.
Lac Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center
Dr. Russell W Nelson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Russell W Nelson
Nelson Spine Institute is a state-of-the-art, comprehensive spinal health center located in Thousand Oaks, California. Founded by Russell W. Nelson, M.D., a longtime Thousand Oaks resident and an active complex spinal surgeon for more than 23 years, the Institute is the newest and most advanced center for spinal care in Ventura County. Specializing in the treatment of spinal problems, including the simplest back ailments to complex spinal conditions from the neck to the low back, Nelson Spine Institute utilizes a range of treatment options and offers university-affiliated pain specialists and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists to treat patients chronic pain problems when surgery is not necessary. As co-developer of the Blackstone Medical, Inc. artificial cervical disc, Dr. Nelson also started the Motion Preservation Division at Blackstone and is one of Ventura Countys premier spine surgeons dedicated to the advancement of spinal medicine. The Institutes mission is to provide excellent, advanced orthopedic treatment so patients can get back to health and back to living.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Russell W Nelson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.