Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell S Petrie
Dr. Russell S Petrie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Petrie is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Petrie has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Russell S Petrie has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Russell S Petrie has the following 7 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Russell S Petrie has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Russell S Petrie is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 67
Dr Petrie has operated on by my knees for meniscus problems over the past several years. The total experience was so positive that when my son, who was playing college baseball, injured his knee my first call was to Dr Petrie. The outcomes were excellent I highly recommend Dr Petrie and his super staff.
Not 10 minutes after seeing Dr. Petrie did he recommend surgery. I told him I wanted to try rehab, PT, etc. I asked what the rush was and he wouldn't respond. Later I looked into the Orthopdic Institute and the hospital that these doctors and Hoag co-own. What a scam! While these surgeons are charging your $2,500 to do your surgery they are making over a $1.5 million a year in profits as co-owners. They make money on every MRI, hosptial admission, etc. No wonder these doctors are so anxious to operate!
Dr Petrie is an amazing professional in the field of orthopedic medicine and his attitude, thoroughness and attentive approach is stellar. His staff is also top notch and Ray and the team make you feel and experience the best treatment and care one could imagine. You are in good hands with Dr Petrie and his team and I highly recommend him if you need a great doctor and tremendous results Thank you
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Petrie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Russell S Petrie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewport Orthopedic Institute, 22 Corporate Plaza Dr Ste 100, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell S Petrie in this video.
Dr. Russell S Petrie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.