Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell T Phelps has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been seeing Dr. Phelps for over 4 years now. He delivered my last child by c-section. He took care of me during the pregnancy and was the best doctor I had ever had! This was my third child and after some not so good experiences with the first two it was a relief to get such a great doctor with the third one! He did my c-section and put me at ease during that whole process and during the recovery as well! I have continued to see him for all of my ob/gyn needs since that pregnancy which my daughter is 3 1/2 now. He has always been great, kind, understanding and has made it easy to talk to him about any problem going on. His bed side manner is amazing. I cant say enough good things about him. I hope he will always be my doctor because he is someone I can trust.
Dr. Phelps, my name is Desiree Luevanos and you helped me through my first pregnancy and delivered my first child. I adored you and loved how caring you were to me, my boyfriend liked you as well. I want to have you as my obgyn for as long as i can and I would recommend you to anybody. I would love to have you deliver my next child, sometime in the next ten years or so.. But thank you so much for everything and your staff members.
Thank you. I'm glad you had a very good experience and I would be happy to take care of you for all of you OB/GYN needs.
Dr. Phelps is a wonderful doctor that cares about the individuals that he sees. He followed me from the emergency room to diagnosing and setting up surgery, all the way to recovery, with a smile and a great bedside manner. Dr. Phelps is very knowledgeable and doesn't believe in trying to do more than what is needed. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a great obgyn.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Russell T Phelps accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Humana HMO Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeorgetown Womens Center, 1900 Scenic Dr Ste 3326, Georgetown, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell T Phelps in this video.
Dr. Russell T Phelps is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Georgetown, TX.