Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell E Rotondo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Rotondo has been my cardiologist for 5 years. Although he is all professionalism during an office visit, I have found that he has accurately diagnosed my problems on every occasion. When a problem is determined, he does tests that are needed and makes sure that I get the necessary medications and procedures. I feel that I owe my life to him and his expertise.
Dr. Rotondo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1985
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Russell E Rotondo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEast Tennessee Heart Consultants, 900 E Oak Hill Ave Ste 600, Knoxville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell E Rotondo in this video.
Dr. Russell E Rotondo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.