Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell O Schub
Dr. Russell O Schub, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MD. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schub is affiliated with Laurel Regional Hospital, Medstar Montgomery Medical Center and Howard County General Hospital Inc. He speaks English.
Dr. Russell O Schub has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. Schub was very helpful in figuring out why I was in such discomfort for so long. I made An appointment with him because a coworker Has him as his doctor for years and is always pleased Dr Schub was thorough and easy to talk to. His nurse practitioners Saw me before doctor came into the exam room. I liked that Because she asked some very important questions And shared that with doctor Schub. I have never Had a more thorough evaluation at any other doctors office And am most pleased. I tell everyone about this group.
Dr. Schub has one of the best bed side manners I've ever encounterd out of the many, many doctors I've seen. Most just wrote me off or said my problem was psychological but Dr. Schub seems to really care and listen to his patients. He is not one of those docs with an ego, he consults with his staff and is very open to suggestions and ideas, and it gives you the feeling of having a whole team of medical professionals behind you. He never rushes and really takes the time to answer questions and hear concerns. Scheduling an appoinment was always easy online or by phone, never had to wait more than 2 days, was never kept waiting in the waiting room fir more than 15-20 mins. He worked at keeping my costs down as I was a self-pay patient with no health insurance, he does not bill you to death or over test or deliver sub-standard care as other doctors do. Tomorrow is my last appointment with him as we have come to a diagnosis, I am switching to a new gastro doc because I moved out of state and now he is just too far for me to drive, but I will def miss Dr. Schub and all of his fantastic staff.
Dr. Schub is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Coney Island Hospital
Dr. Russell O Schub accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Anesthesia Llc, 8875 Centre Park Dr Ste D, Columbia, MD
Dr. Russell O Schub is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.