Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Russell S Whitaker
Dr. Russell S Whitaker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gadsden, AL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Whitaker is affiliated with Gadsden Regional Medical Center. Dr. Whitaker has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Russell S Whitaker has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Russell S Whitaker has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Russell S Whitaker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I wish there were more doctors like him. He answers all your questions, and he doesn't rush through your appointment. He is a kind, caring Dr. Which is a rarity these days in my opinion. I felt very at ease with him and I'm a nervous person,. That being said, I've recommended him to others who may need a cardiologist.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Whitaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Louisville Hospital
Dr. Russell S Whitaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Cardiovascular, 300 Medical Center Dr Ste 201, Gadsden, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell S Whitaker in this video.
Dr. Russell S Whitaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gadsden, AL.