Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russell E Windsor has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Russell E Windsor has the following 21 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Clinical Research
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Transplantation
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Russell E Windsor has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Russell E Windsor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Windsor after my surgery saw me for a few seconds and than I did followup with me for weeks. If it was not for the rehab doctors I would have been lost. No such thing as perioperative care of follow up with him. He just wants to do surgery and probably forgot he is a doctor first and patient care is important.
I saw Dr. Windsor after he was recommended by a friend who the doctor had performed a TKR on. I also read about him on the hospital website. The problem I had was needing a second opinion on a TKR surgery that left me with a leg that is just as bad as it was before the surgery. I had experienced a bad case of sepsis in the knee and other serious complications following surgery at another NYC hospital. Dr. Windsor gave me an extensive explanation for his evaluation of my previous surgery. He was not distracted by phone calls or rushed. I felt that I had his whole attention and that he cared about the problem I was left with. The result was that I achieved an understanding of my exact problem and that it was unadvisable to have further surgery to correct it. It is always said that if you see an orthopedist he or she will want to "cut". Dr. Windsor is a true physician interested in doing the right thing for the patient, He is not a surgeon anxious to fill his coffers by offering surgery as the only solution. I have extreme admiration and greatfulness for Dr. Windsor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Russell E Windsor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Russell E Windsor in this video.
Dr. Russell E Windsor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.