Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruth Allbritton
Dr. Ruth Allbritton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Friendswood, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Allbritton is affiliated with Devereux Texas Treatment Network, Harris County Psychiatric Center and Memorial Hermann Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Ruth Allbritton has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 38
I have been seeing Dr. Allbritton for several years and I am very pleased with her. She takes the time to really listen and understand. I also like the way she explains to me the medical reasons why I might have certain feelings and reactions. She is very personable, easy to talk to. The office is a very comfortable atmosphere and the office staff extremely good.
Dr. Allbritton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Devereux Texas Treatment Network
Harris County Psychiatric Center
Memorial Hermann Hospital
18 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas At Houston
Dr. Ruth Allbritton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ruth Allbritton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Friendswood, TX.