Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruth C Cholhan has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Back Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Cholhan was recommended to me by my regular doctor. I had previously seen a rheumatologist who was very offhand and assured me I didn't have RA. Dr.Cholhan was pleasant, asked a lot of questions and listened to my answers and questions. Her diagnosis was correct and after trying several possibilities, arrived at a medication which was helpful. The staff were difficult in the beginning, in my opinion partially due to lack of computerization . There were a few glitches with prescriptions, but either they have improved their system ( because of computerized office) or I just got to know them better. Actually I found them to be a group of nice people happy to be working together. I recommend Dr. Cholhan's office to anyone with RA.
There is a certain level of professionalism and compassion expected from a Rheumatology practice. My sister has been questioning Dr Cholhans office for 2 months regarding medication: 4 weeks to get the office to send a FAX to the pharmacy and now 4 weeks to get the Doctor to authorize a medication disbursement (still waiting for this as a matter of fact). Maybe the staff does not understand what its like to have RA and be without medication, this is where the compassion must come into play. This may be a reflection on staffing but there is oversight that the doctor MUST provide as a fellow healthcare professional however Dr. Cholhan has not done that. I do understand the ins and outs of patient tantrums and absurdities however THIS is not one of them. My suggestion is improving or slowly but surely more and more people will notice how inept Dr. Cholhan and staff can be.
Staff is very rude and unhelpful. After being promised twice that my reports will be mailed, I am yet to get them. This time I will be sending a request by certified mail. Staff almost interrogates you when you call to make an appointment. I will be seeing a different doctor- who needs a rude encounter when you are already in pain!
32 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1986
Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center
Dr. Ruth C Cholhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ruth C Cholhan in this video.
Dr. Ruth C Cholhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Englewood Cliffs, NJ.