Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruth C Flynn has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
If you are seeking an honest resolution for any mental issues you are facing, stay clear of Dr. Flynn. She will misdiagnosis your condition and prescribe drugs to you that are not beneficial based on her misdiagnosis. Worse than that if you happen upon a drug treatment that is beneficial and you are a person of color, she will not prescribe them to you because she has her own prejudiced preconceived notions. Stay clear, a waste of time and money.
I found Ruth to be beyond a good listener, very sensitive, and detected issues which were hidden even to me. She has a friendly, welcoming nature, and made me feel comfortable, even though I was initially apprehensive. In follow-up, her insights kept me from going down the wrong track. I deeply appreciate all her help.
If this doctor was any more full of herself she might explode! She is insensitive, rude and arrogant and puts peoples' lives at risk because her haughty, aggressive and narrow minded personality gets in the way of treatment decisions. The worst part is her complete lack of awareness of her inappropriate and unprofessional behavior. She actually thinks she is an upstanding Catholic and has no idea that her patients are aware of her discriminatory and insulting treatment plans - or lack thereof... She acts as if she is God, when she is really just a bad foreign doctor! God help her!
Dr. Flynn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Ruth C Flynn accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ruth C Flynn in this video.
Dr. Ruth C Flynn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.