Dr. Ruth Hetland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ruth Hetland?

DR Hetland 5 Stars

Posted on July 20th, 2016

Dr Hetland is very professional with a great bedside manner - put me at ease dealing with a mass that needed to be removed from my right breast.

Caring and knowledgeable professional

Posted on July 18th, 2016

I am so grateful to a friend of mine that recommended Dr Ruth Hetland. When I first found out the news that I had breast cancer and received Dr. Ruth Hetland's contact information, I called her office at 5:30pm expecting a voicemail message. My call was answered by human being which was impressive. I introduced myself to whom I thought was the receptionist, however it was Dr. Ruth Hetland that picked up the phone. Her response to the news that I was diagnosed with cancer, was sympathetic and sincere. She asked me to call the following day to set up a date with her secretary since she didn't have access to her records. The first appointment with Mr Ruth Hetland set my mind at ease and realized that I made a great decision choosing this knowledgeable and caring woman. My husband and I had questions and she spent all the time that was needed to answer them all. We didn't feel rushed and felt as though she wanted us to understand all the details, so much so, that she even drew pictures that depicted the type of cancer I had and what my mastectomy would entail. The surgery went very well and today was my follow up visit. Again, Dr Ruth Hetland was reassuring as I asked my questions regarding my recovery and took as much time as needed. I strongly recommend her. She is an extremely professional and caring professional.

Posted on May 30th, 2015

Breast cancer in itself is a very scary diagnois, but speaking with Dr. Hetland has been a very calming, straightforward experience. She explains the surgery in detail, answers any and all questions in as much detail as you may want. After surgery visits are also very informative and she takes the time to just sit and talk with you, something that is missing with some doctors now adays. I love her down to earth approach and humor. Great surgeon and great person.

Breast Surgery

Posted on April 28th, 2015

I was very disappointed with Dr. Hetland's skill as a surgeon. She had to perform three surgeries to get all the cancer cells. On the third try, she took far more tissue than was necessary. I felt she was rushed and used poor judgement. She spent very little time with me afterward, checking in once for two minutes. After two years, I am still in great pain.

Best in Rochester, NY!

Posted on December 30th, 2014

Dr. Hetland is honestly one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Throughout the entire process she was so honest and told me exactly what to expect. Every single plastic surgeon I spoke with confirmed how great she is at her job (I spoke with three). If you need a masectomy and live in Rochester, in my opinion and many others, she is the best in Rochester.

The BEST OF THE BEST!!!

Posted on July 26th, 2012

Dr Hetland was highly recommended to me by my gynecologist & my primary Doctor, seperately. They told she was the BEST OF THE BEST. How could I not choose the best of the best to help me through my diagnosis of breast cancer? My husband and I were with her for 1 1/2 hours to discuss my different options and she thoroughly explained each option. She was very patient and very optimistic and no doubt, knows her "stuff". When I left her office I knew why she came so highly recommended and I knew exactly what option I was going to choose. The day of my surgery is a blurr to me but that day I had 8 people at the hospital waiting for 5 hours to hear the results. When Dr. Hetland went to the waiting room, not all 8 were there at that time as some went to get lunch. Dr. Hetland waited for everyone to get there so they could hear the "news" at the same time. Dr. Hetland is very patient, caring, optimistic and is the BEST OF THE BEST! Additionally, her Administative Assistant, Debbie is very professional, proactive and is on your side through everything (appointments with plastic surgeon, insurance coverage, disability paperwork, etc.) If you need a surgeon, I would highly recommend the BEST OF THE BEST, Dr. Ruth Hetland and her team!!!

LOVE THIS DOCTOR-- MORE THAN HELPFUL SATISIFIED WITH MY SURGERY AND FOLLOW UO LOOKED OUT FOR A GREAT RECOVERY FOR ME.

Posted on January 24th, 2012

I had a partial mastectomy (lumpectomy) and sentinel node biopsy

Posted on September 23rd, 2009

Dr. Ruth Hetland is the best of the best in all categories. She was very clear and patient with me when describing surgery and my options. She took time to answer my questions, and expressed and exhibited care and compassion to me. She was recommended highly to me by other cancer patients I know, and I, in turn, have recommended her to others, and they have also been very pleased. She is a unique combination of a compassionate and caring person who has respect for her patients and is an excellent surgeon with much experience. Among all the doctors I have known over my 65 years, she is at the top of my list.

Posted on October 2nd, 2017