Dr. Ruth Higdon Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Ruth Higdon?

Not a good or honest doctor

Posted on October 4th, 2017

This doctor performed butcher surgery on me. I have had excessive pain ever since my surgery for uterine cancer. She got knife happy during my surgery that should have not taken more than an hour to an hour and a half. Instead it took three hours because she performed a half assed biopsy on my ovary during the surgery and declared that I had ovarian cancer when I didn't. If you want an accurate diagnosis then make her send all of your biopsies to the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion. The Mayo Clinic declared that I didn't have ovarian cancer but only the uterine cancer that I already knew I had. Dr. Higdon just needs to retire instead of continuing to perform unnecessary butcher surgeries on unsuspecting patients. Make sure you read every line of her so called "Informed consent" form before you sign it. There is a line in it that says they can do basically whatever they want to you if they supposedly find another condition, imaginary or not. I made the mistake of not doing this before I had my surgery. I trusted her to do the surgery I ageed to on that form instead of BS excessive surgery that I didn't need or want. I feel that I can't trust any doctor to do what is right for me because of this doctor. If you feel that she screwed you over you csn file a complaint agonist her with the state of Colorado Medical Board. I am still considering this option.

Very Poor Treatment

Posted on October 1st, 2017

Had surgery and week after she pulled staples even though my husband asked her about place on incison that didn't look right. She just put another steri strip on it and 2 1/2 hours later back to hospital as incision was opening and my intestines were protruding!!! Back into surgery. Sent home again but with bowel blockage in intestines. . Couple days later vomiting coffee ground blood and back to hospital. Blockage in intestines. Never saw her after she assisted with second surgery until had to see for follow ups. She wouldn't answer our questions. Since then have had other medical problems and doctors said it stems from the stress that my body has been through with the two surgeries and intestinal blockage. Not good at follow up or calling unless in her interest. Was told by her a 4" incision that is about 7 - 8 inches long!

Kiwi

Posted on September 3rd, 2017

Uncaring Doctor

Posted on August 26th, 2017

Dr. Higdon's is a cut and run doctor who has poor follow up with her patients and is just in the surgery game for the money. She doesn't care what her patients want but only cares about what she wants. She has a monopoly on all of the gynecological oncology surgeries in the Grand Junction area. I wish I would have just went to a regular gynecologist instead of her for my surgery because she got carried away and cut out parts of me that should have never been removed.

Very glad to have been referred to Dr. Higdon!

Posted on November 22nd, 2014

First of all, I must state that I hardly ever see doctors, it has to be pretty serious to get me in the door. (I hate having a doctor not acting interested when I do go, and it takes me awhile to get up the nerve to try another one.) I had never before had a surgery. So when I had some strange post-menopausal symptoms my new GP (that I only had gone to once before) sent me to an OB-GYN that I had never been to. She diagnosed me with a large ovarian tumor and referred me to Dr. Higdon. I immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Higdon and her staff. She told me exactly what my problem was. She explained to me what the surgery would entail, and my options for chemo and oncological treatment afterward. My hysterectomy went well, and Dr. Higdon took the time to go speak to my family to let them know what was happening and put them at ease. During my post-operative hospital stay she stopped by regularly and made sure I was doing alright, I felt she was more interested in my well-being than some of the nurses there were. I healed from the surgery fairly quickly, and I feel that her skill as a surgeon contributed to that. I have been doing a large part of my follow-up with Dr. Higdon and have no complaints, she is always straight with me about my condition and what should be happening. Plus, she has a good sense of humor! I intend to keep seeing Dr. Higdon as long as I need to.

Sick in Colorado

Posted on May 17th, 2014

Only works part time. Not a way to treat people with cancer. Curt and uncaring. Rude staff

Bad Doctor

Posted on January 14th, 2014

Mean!!! People with cancer need a fulltime doctor. Here and gone. Does NOT call back when says. Find a better doctor that cares

Colorado Patients

Posted on October 2nd, 2013

Puts up a thin front, but uncaring and unprofessional. Talks down; it is about her and what she wants. Would not want her to care for any ill person with cancer!!! Only available every other week. Not a schedule for sick people but for her. Flippant with poor attention to detail and accuracy. NOT GOOD!!!

Posted on May 3rd, 2012

I have been in quite a few hospitals and surgeries in my life. I have never been treated so disgustingly by a DR in my life and will make sure I do my homework if I ever need a surgeon. I have had not one ounce of follw up care after a full hysterectomy with supposed CANCER on my uterus...This Dr never once bothered to return urgent calls...treated me like dollar bil. (50,000 dollar bill)

Posted on October 2nd, 2010

Dr. Higdon is my Dr. I feel we are blessed to have her in Alaska. She is beyond exellent- she was very accurate in diagnosing my condition . She helped put me at ease and gave me hope in a very terrible time in my life.I would not be here today if it was'nt for her!

Posted on October 4th, 2017