Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruth B Lathi has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Ruth B Lathi has the following 5 expertise
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Ruth B Lathi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I went through an IVF cycle at another facility and saw 5 doctors in 2 weeks. Most of them noticed a polyp, but didn't pursue it. I switched to Stanford and really hit it off with Dr. Lathi. She removed the fibroid. I got pregnant 2nd IVF with her at age 42. I'm 46 and I'm working with her again in a creative way to get me pregnant. She has a great sense of humor. Give her a chance!
Dr. Lathi is the second RE I've seen. What I have noticed is that your time with her is limited. Some of the times, you may not even see her and get a fellow dr. instead. This is a teaching hospital so it is to be expected. Nevertheless, I value her expertise. I do believe that Dr. Lathi is a very competent doctor and knows what she's doing. She just isn't the one that is going to spend time comforting you. If you have questions for her, make sure have them ready for her. Her staff and the Stanford nurses are very courteous and knowledgeable. You can always get your medical questions answered by someone. I feel that they do a good job of keeping track of your treatments.
I've had IVF cycle with Dr. Ruth Lathi and it was easy to get an appointment but looked like the doctors at Stanford were overworked or they had too little time. Every time I had an appointment I used to be anxious if I forget to ask all my questions in the 5 minutes that she spends with the patient. That made me stressed out every time I saw her. Also, I found her rude at times. For instance fertility patients are always worried and stressed about all that they are going through and once I asked her if there is another way of treatment and her answer was kind of rude when she said u have two options, either quit and adopt or continue this. I was devastated by this kind of a statement. She didnt have clear answers to my queries just a series of could be this or could be that, just all the attempts to save herself from any lawsuit if any.
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Ruth B Lathi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRuth Bunker Lathi Md, 1195 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ruth B Lathi in this video.
Dr. Ruth B Lathi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sunnyvale, CA.