Dr. Ruth Lathi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ruth Lathi?

Individual Attention

Posted on October 14th, 2011

I went through an IVF cycle at another facility and saw 5 doctors in 2 weeks. Most of them noticed a polyp, but didn't pursue it. I switched to Stanford and really hit it off with Dr. Lathi. She removed the fibroid. I got pregnant 2nd IVF with her at age 42. I'm 46 and I'm working with her again in a creative way to get me pregnant. She has a great sense of humor. Give her a chance!

Still sticking with her

Posted on August 8th, 2011

Dr. Lathi is the second RE I've seen. What I have noticed is that your time with her is limited. Some of the times, you may not even see her and get a fellow dr. instead. This is a teaching hospital so it is to be expected. Nevertheless, I value her expertise. I do believe that Dr. Lathi is a very competent doctor and knows what she's doing. She just isn't the one that is going to spend time comforting you. If you have questions for her, make sure have them ready for her. Her staff and the Stanford nurses are very courteous and knowledgeable. You can always get your medical questions answered by someone. I feel that they do a good job of keeping track of your treatments.

She wasted a year of our time.

Posted on November 12th, 2010

In my opinion, this lady is not a particularly competent physician. After 6 months of repeated procedures with her, we transferred to a different clinic and got pregnant with-in a month.

patient comfort

Posted on August 11th, 2009

I've had IVF cycle with Dr. Ruth Lathi and it was easy to get an appointment but looked like the doctors at Stanford were overworked or they had too little time. Every time I had an appointment I used to be anxious if I forget to ask all my questions in the 5 minutes that she spends with the patient. That made me stressed out every time I saw her. Also, I found her rude at times. For instance fertility patients are always worried and stressed about all that they are going through and once I asked her if there is another way of treatment and her answer was kind of rude when she said u have two options, either quit and adopt or continue this. I was devastated by this kind of a statement. She didnt have clear answers to my queries just a series of could be this or could be that, just all the attempts to save herself from any lawsuit if any.

Posted on October 4th, 2015