Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruth A Pryor MD
Dr. Ruth A Pryor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northampton, MA, with another office in West Springfield, MA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Pryor is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Ruth A Pryor has 2 locations
Dr. Ruth A Pryor has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Ruth A Pryor has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ruth A Pryor - Posted on November 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ruth A Pryor - Posted on June 25th, 2018
This doctor, Ruth Pryor, sucks. She's condescending, refuses to listen to the patient, and left the patient to go home with a communicable disease and didn't tell her. I left her office thinking I had a yeast infection and found out I actually had herpes. I went 2 days without any form of treatment and could have possibly spread it to other members of my household. She doesn't like to listen to the patient, which is me, told me that even though I didn't have money to financially pay for medication for my other medical issue, that basically I should just suck it up and spend it anyways. She done in a poor manner told me well if you can't afford to pay for your medicine you need to find another way of taking care of your other medical issue. This is not a woman that anyone should see and I am highly shocked that she is getting high reviews from some of the other patients that she supposedly is seen. Her bedside manners nonexistent, any form of compassion doesn't exist either. And the fact that she could let me leave with what I left that office with and not tell me so I can protect my family is absolutely disgusting and I have every intention of taking care of this issue.
Terrible bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ruth A Pryor - Posted on April 27th, 2017
By far the single worst experience that I have ever had with not only the physician but also the entire staff at the 22 Atwood location! I am still astounded by the poor communication, terrible bedside manner, and overall lack of compassion that I experienced. Do yourself and those you love a favor and avoid Dr. Pryor and this practice at all costs.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ruth A Pryor - Posted on July 2nd, 2016
Dr. Pryor diagnosed my condition on my first visit & was excellent about providing options & information. She conveys an authentic caring persona & I found her to be an excellent surgeon. She performed my hysterectomy without complication & she personally called throughout my visits & after my surgery- Very rare these days. You will not be disappointed. I found it took two visits before I warmed to her style, but after that it was all good.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ruth A Pryor - Posted on April 2nd, 2014
100% Dr. Ruth Pryor is not just the most comforting pleasant and trustworthy Dr. but these few described attributes also absolutely apply to her as a person as well. You won't find a better office 'atmosphere' anywhere but here. The happy and extremely helpful staff are WELL organized and ALWAYS greet their patients immediately upon entering with a smile and utmost respect. I not only recommend this GYN but have already sent 2 women I know there who had all the same things to say about their experiences with Dr.Pryor and or the office.
Dr. Pryor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Ruth A Pryor Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ruth A Pryor is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northampton, MA.