Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruth Rothman
Dr. Ruth Rothman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rothman is affiliated with Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Good Samaritan Hospital and Regional Medical Center of San Jose. She speaks English.
Dr. Ruth Rothman has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Rothman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Hospital
Regional Medical Center of San Jose
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Stanford Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ruth Rothman accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation, 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Ruth Rothman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.