Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ruth A Tessler has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Ruth A Tessler has the following 16 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
Dr. Ruth A Tessler has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ruth A Tessler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I have been seeing Dr. Tessler now for about 3 years. She is extremely thorough so much to say that she had discovered precancerous cells that required follow up. At first she didn't seem that pleasant, not unpleasant just not 'real' personable however after 3 serious follow up procedures that she executed so expertly and smoothly, and all successful, I now trust her with my life... Several improvements have happened in her office which originally was very poor however recently her staff couldn't have been more accommodating obtaining records for me, setting up appointments around my 'travel' schedule, accessible via computer. etc.. And, now I find her very personable. I think Dr. Tessler is a very special and talented Doctor and I feel very fortunate to have found her...
horrendous bedside manner to a young woman with a serious diagnosis. Was offended when asked for more info.The office staff was even worse. Rude,unprofessional, put on hold than cut off because they couldn't be bothered dealing with me. The office manager was not helpful and had the secretary cut me off after being on hold for 5 minutes. I would stay away from this practice!!!!!!
24 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Ruth A Tessler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ruth A Tessler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.