Dr. Ruthanna R Hunter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ruthanna R Hunter?

I found Dr Hunter easy to talk to. She listens and made me feel good talking to her. I trust her to fix my head

Dr. Hunter is a very understanding person. She listens, finds things other doctors have not been able to for answers. She knows what she's talking about, she's very educated, she understands, and she very well rounded as the saying goes. Her grammar, pronunciation is superb, no need for translation from a third party!! : } I am glad she as the attitude she has - positive, pleasant, and sincere - smiles. Over all, the best, part she listens. In discussion, she states her opinions. That's the greatest, am looking forward to our next visit.

I've seen several neurologists, and while they've all been spot-on with diagnosis, Dr. Hunter has been the only one with exemplary bedside manner AND wonderful staff. She stays up-to-date in her specialty and is open to discussing all options. She is in high demand, but worth the wait

Took four days for an evaluation by Dr. Hunter after having a stroke...

Dr. Hunter evaluated my Mother recently after she had a stroke. My Mother had her stroke on a Monday, on Tuesday Dr. Hunter came to evaluate her but my Mother had just received Narcotics for a headache (which Dr. Hunter prescribed) and she was so out of it she doesn't remember the visit. How can a Neurologist assess a patient's neuro status when they are doped up on pain medications and can't stay awake during the evaluation? She did not come to evaluate my Mother on Wednesday even though the staff stated she was in the hospital. She came and assessed my Mother on Thursday. She has a decent bedside manner but was obviously not up to date on my Mother's neuro status and initially told her she didn't think she had a stroke. Then she thoroughly evaluated her and stated she did have a stroke. My Mother spent two additional days in the hospital just for the neurologist to state the obvious... Then Dr. Hunter prescribed my Mom Aggrenox which is an expensive version of Plavix and also prescribed her a "headache medication" that is a NSAID which she can't take because she is on Aggrenox. Thankfully, my Mother has a great Internal Medicine MD that fixed her medications and really listened to her concerns!! My biggest concern is that it took a Neurologist four days to appropriately evaluate my Mother after having a stroke...requiring my Mother to stay two additional days in the Hospital. It is unacceptable for the Hospital to allow this as they are the stroke receiving Hospital for Jefferson City.

Nice, young doctor. Seems well versed on the newest treatments available. Proactive in treating your disease. She changed my medication from daily shots to a pill for which I'm gratful