- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ryan U Riel MD
Dr. Ryan U Riel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Puyallup, WA, with other offices in Auburn, WA and Puyallup, WA (and 1 other location). He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery of the Hand. He speaks English.
Dr. Ryan U Riel has 4 locations
1450 5th St SE Ste 4200
Puyallup, WA 98372
121 N Division St Ste 310
Auburn, WA 98001
11212 Sunrise Blvd E Ste 201
Puyallup, WA 98374
Book Online Now
Dr. Ryan U Riel has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Ryan U Riel has the following 17 expertise
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Injury
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Ryan U Riel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ryan U Riel - Posted on July 11th, 2016
The Dr and the hosp staff were great. Every time I talk to his office and nursing staff I'm insulted and treated very poorly. I had my stitches removed on day 13 day 15 I was sleeping and woke up to my surgery area had slit wide open, there was so much blood I went to the hospital. The couldn't reach a dr or a dr on call at dr tells office so they tested me as best the could, and said I needed to come back to ER 2 times a day for wound care until I could get into see my dr. So Monday I called Dr Reils Office. ..again I got the rotten attitude of his nurse she said I could come in wensday. .the hospital sternly said they didn't want me Chandos bandage and packing I explained this to nurse cratchet,she pretty much didn't care, so I said fine ild take care odd it and hung up. My husband called her back and she kept saying we should change the bandage (the surgery area pooped open 2 inches by 1 plus inch I think the neve might be open)the hospital said I was not to change bandage! !!!seems dr did a...job, but his after care is horrible and the Dr is unreachable. I wouldn't use him even to fix this problem if there wasn't a problem
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ryan U Riel - Posted on December 28th, 2015
Have not seen this physiciand yet, but I have now been on hold for 45 minutes just trying to make a new patient appointment. I sincerely hope he is better than the service I have received so far. Nobody needs the aggrivation of holding on the line this long.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ryan U Riel - Posted on July 29th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Tacoma General Hospital
Dr. Ryan U Riel Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ryan U Riel, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Puyallup, WA, in this video.
Dr. Ryan U Riel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Puyallup, WA.