Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ryan M Wolfort
Dr. Ryan M Wolfort, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Ryan M Wolfort has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Ryan M Wolfort has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Ryan M Wolfort has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 3
This doctor is a joke and in it to make money by ripping off his patients and does not diagnose correctly. I went to the ER at Ochsner St Anne in Raceland at midnight on a Friday evening with severe pain and redness on my legs that started out of no where. I advised him of the pain, which even prevented me from walking. He ordered several tests, including x rays since I had medal rods from an accident, which I hoped were not the cause. He stated that it was a severe rash of some kind that was possibly staph and he could not be certain. He gave me a steroid shot, antibiotic shot, and benadryll shot along with antibiotics, steroids, cream, and prescription benadryll to take for a week. He also advised me to follow up with my doctor within 1-2 days. Needless to say what he did never helped and the condition got worse. I had to go back to Urgent Care this time - no ER - and the doctor there said I had a severe staph infection on the verge of cellulitus. He advised that the ER doctor should have caught this and the medicine he gave me was not at all strong enough therefore it came back and got worse. He prescribed VERY strong antibiotics for this which over a week Did help. So Dr. Wolfort, ER Doctor, was not nearly as correct as the Urgent Care ER Doctor. Then Dr. Wolfort codes my ER Visit as a "rash" - mis diagnosis obviously. He then bills on his own - separate from the ER with codes that make it not look like an emergency so that he can get paid a higher amount that the insurance would not have paid him. He waits over 5 months to send his bill and hopes that you will just pay it. Needless to say my insurance paid the hospital 100 percent but refused to pay him since he codes/bills differently for his own benefit. My insurance also requested his medical records for himself and they never sent it -Hmmmm...pretty suspicious don't you think? Finally I had to appeal with my insurance and force his "medical billing company" to send his record - which was quite different from the hospital one. LONG STORY SHORT, in my opinion, this doctor cannot be trusted and does not know what he is doing. I am a long term Ochsner patient but if Ochsner wishes to "Contract" this crook doctor, I will not return to Ochsner. Beware! You have been warned! I am an honest person who spending as much time as I can to get the truth out about this doctor!!!
15 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLSU Medical Health Sciences Center, 1541 Kings Hwy, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Ryan M Wolfort is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.