Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Pieton
Dr. Richard Pieton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pieton is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Va Medical Center and Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Pieton has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Pieton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
Va Medical Center
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center
29 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Richard Pieton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard Pieton MD, 1253 11th St, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Richard Pieton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.