Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. S A Dean Drooby has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. S A Dean Drooby has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. S A Dean Drooby has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. S A Dean Drooby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have been going to Dr. Drooby now for several years and have found he takes his pledge of "preventitive medicine first" very seriously. Drooby told me when I first started going to him, that if he is successful then I will not need to keep going to a cardiologist and/or a psychiatrist for medications. He believes good health should begin with preventive measures that will help the patients get sick less often. Drooby's only downfall is that he does listen so intently and probes into so many details of patients issues that he becomes a magnet for hypochondriacs and people who need an attentive ear for all kinds of phantom ailments. Drooby's strength is diagnosis and he is one of the few doctors I have met who stays very current on latest research concerning nutrients and unwanted side affects of over dosing drug therapies. Highly recommended!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Western Australia
Graduated in 1981
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsS A Dean Drooby Md, 5728 NW 132nd St, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. S A Dean Drooby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.