Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sabrina A Benjamin
Dr. Sabrina A Benjamin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with other offices in Tacoma, WA and Lakewood, WA . She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Benjamin is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sabrina A Benjamin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 5
She opened the exam room door while I was in the stirrups (FACING the door) to yell -- literally YELL -- at her nurse. I could not have been more embarrassed. She also recommended that I have a surgery that I didn't need, and presented the surgery as my only medical option which was not the case. A hormonal intervention turned out to be all that I needed. I discovered this through my own reading and by then talking to an MD who actually sat down and listened to me. I felt so blown off and not listened to by Dr. Benjamin. Also her nurse's finger nails were so long, and she was so aggressive just taking my pulse that she left deep marks on my wrist where her nails dug into my flesh.
Dr. Benjamin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Sabrina A Benjamin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sabrina A Benjamin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.