Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sabrina N Markese has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 29
I have had excellent experiences with Dr. Markese over nearly 20 years now. She listens and digs in where need be. As well, keeps good maps on my conditions. So much so, that even when I moved states away from the KC area for about 5 years, I journeyed back to see her as I could not find another doctor I felt I could connect with, transfer my history to, and have her knowledge and patience. There's something about the personal touch and a doctor that keeps the info in her head, not just on paper/electronics! Due to explanations and expectations, I have always left her office without any doubts of what I need to do to keep myself healthy and treat any condition or issue that falls my way.
After reading these reviews, I thought I should add my own. I've ben visiting Dr. Markese since the late 90's. She has diagnosed accurately, things that were abnormal for my age and were not a normal consideration. I feel I have a good relationship with her as she takes time to listen to and discuss my concerns. That said, I am a strong advocate for myself and am not afraid to ask how to get to the bottom of an issues I have. This adds to our relationship as she can appreciate that I, at least, take the time to review my own prescriptions, diagnosis, etc. and determine the questions I feel I need answered based on information from her, the pharmacist, the print out with medicines, my family history, etc. I also understand she can only afford to spend an allotted amount of time with me. This is the same for nearly every doctor in a general practice. So, again, I do my best to make the most of the time with her as well as the specialists I see.
dr markese has been my dr for 13yrs. she started at one office and i followed her to her current location. she has always spent the time needed with me. she listens, takes the time to explain and answers questions. if she doesnt know, she will look it right there for you. when i was taken to ER, she came and checked on me. she has recommended other specialty dr's for specific problems and i have never had issues with any of her recommendations. she has a good sense of humor and she appreciates my sense of humor which makes it a great relationship.
24 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Sabrina N Markese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Group Pa, 8101 Parallel Pkwy Ste 100, Kansas City, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sabrina N Markese in this video.
Dr. Sabrina N Markese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.