Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sadhana Samant has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Showing 4 of 4
Waited for more than 2 hours to see the doctor. When she finally came into exam room she took one look at my chart told me I have a 3 cm fibroid then immediately told me she "didn't have time to deal with this."After cajoling her to stay and follow through with my consultation/examination she:1) Berated me for answering that I didn't want children by telling me I was too "young to know what I want" (I'm 34)2) Told me that I should have taken the Provera that had been prescribed to me by urgent care doctor when I came into the clinic a month prior because "I need to do what I'm told and shouldn't make decisions on my own"3) After being told that I had a fibroid she decided an impromptu biopsy should be performed. When I was in stirrups waiting for a biopsy that the nurse told me would be "mildly discomforting like bad cramps," Dr. Samant told me that what was about to happen was going to be "excruciatingly painful"4) Dr. Samant wrote me another prescription for Provera and never once explained the possible side effects (which are many)At no point during my examination did she explain any treatment options for the fibroid other than telling me I should get an IUD. She didn't ask about my medical history to assess whether hormone therapy would be beneficial or possibly lead to other complications.I left the exam room shaking, crying, and utterly mistreated and disrespected by the entire experience.
Dr. Samant is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
San Mateo Medical Center
40 Years Experience
Grant Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Sadhana Samant accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHIGHLAND HOSPITAL, 1411 E 31st St, Oakland, CA
Dr. Sadhana Samant is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.