Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Saeed Shahzad has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 14
My father was assigned to Dr. Shahzad when admitted to Bayfront for a stroke. Our experience is that he has extremely poor interpersonal skills and is especially condescending towards women. When meeting with my father, he demonstrated a lack of interest in understanding the challenges my father was dealing with since he had been able to answer the doctor's basic questions. For these reasons, we will not be going back to Dr. Shahzad; nor would I ever recommend him.
His staff and receptionist were extremely kind and helpful. The Dr. reviewed my concerns in his private office before he entered the examining room. He had excellent recall of what he read. He entered promptly within 5 minutes of the nurse leaving. He was polite. He began asking question after question about my issue. He explained everything with detail. He asked if I had any questions many times. He seemed to be in no hurry. Spent a great deal of time with me. He acknowledged my husband's presence and answered his questions as well. He directed questions specifically to my husband. A very educated, kind, quality physician. Not totally convinced about my diagnosis as he is sending me to another specialist. I would highly recommend him. I would see him again if the need arrived. I had a two month wait until I could get in to see him as a first time patient. That was a bit too long. But well worth the wait.
Dr. Shahzad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Saeed Shahzad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurology Pa, 4161 Tamiami Trl Ste 201, Port Charlotte, FL
Dr. Saeed Shahzad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Charlotte, FL.