Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Safia S Ahmed
Dr. Safia S Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Safia S Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Safia S Ahmed has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
Dr. Safia S Ahmed has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Very unprofessional atmosphere, my boyfriend compared as to if he were waiting for his oil to get changed while I was being seen. The nurse was very unhelpful and seemed a bit rude and when I met with Dr. Ahmed she was in a small room filling out OTHER patients files as I waited there to talk to her. After about 15 minutes she finally asked me why I was there... (also very rude about this) I explained and she said.. hmm... ok.. and I continued to sit right in front of her as she opened up another person's file and began writing in it until she finally wrote me an order to go get an X ray. HORRIBLE. NEVER GO HERE.
Dr. Ahmed is an amazing doctor. I had a very rare disease when I walked into her doors, I did not even know anything about. She was kind and caring, and even talked with my boyfriend who was with me, and my mother who was over the phone in another state. She explained in detail what needed to be done, and made sure it was followed through after admitting me into the hospital. She even stopped in to see me while I was there. She is truly one of a kind, and I would tell any and everyone to go to her office. And not to worry about what it looks like from the outside, because it may be small, and not flashy, but I really think it is because she is all business - and really a kind, caring woman, and knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Elizabeth Hospital
Dr. Safia S Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAugusta Damen Medical Center, 948 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Safia S Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.