Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Safia Tasneem
Dr. Safia Tasneem, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MD. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Tasneem is affiliated with Doctors Community Hospital, Prince Georges Hospital Center and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Dr. Tasneem has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Safia Tasneem has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
When I first arrived I was impressed with the office staff and nurses. I went in for a physical and they did things such as a ekg before I was even seen by the doctor. I thought that was thorough. It all went down hill from there. I ended up waiting after that initial testing for over an hour for the doctor. When I finally got into her she did not listen to my conserns at all. When I reported a issue I had she didnt even examine me and blew it off. She did a pap smear and almost made me jump off the table because she jabbed me internally with the swab. I literally screamed out loud and I have a VERY high pain tolerance.
Dr. Tasneem is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Deccan College Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Safia Tasneem accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia Medical Practice, 5450 Knoll North Dr Ste 250, Columbia, MD
Dr. Safia Tasneem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.