Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Safwat M Attia has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Safwat M Attia has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Safwat M Attia is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Safwat M Attia - Posted on March 23rd, 2015
Blamed everything on an old relationship and said I was healthy.
Don't be affraid to question and ask for feedback
Self-verified patient of Dr. Safwat M Attia - Posted on August 8th, 2013
If you are looking for positive feed back, other than regarding medications which he perscribes, this is not the doctor for you. No doubt he is a knowledgable physician and is a voice of reason; but not very objective or supportive of varies other modalities i. e. acupuncture, reicki, or other Eastern modalities. In this respect he has blinders on. ....If he can't see it or touch it, it does not exist. So you be the judge. As far as the column to the right , he would get 4 stars, but that has little to do with one on one during a session or feeling validated during a time of stress. The last 2 months of sessions (every 2 weeks), has left me feeling somewhat confused.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Safwat M Attia - Posted on October 30th, 2009
I've been a patient of Dr. Attia for several years and the first couple were extremely rocky... but not because of my doctor but my own failure to commit to treatment.Part of the struggle was finding a medical "cocktail" that 1) worked 2) I would stick with. I've forgotten how many times I went off and back on my meds, unhappy with the side effects and my unsupportive spouse. Yet through it all, Dr. Attia was patient, supportive and a much valued voice of reason.And even though my physical symptoms of anxiety have nearly disappeared completely, I still value his advice.I've never had a problem with the staff either. They've always been very nice and professional.
Dr. Safwat M Attia Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSAFWAT M ATTIA MD, 104 E Main St, Buckhannon, WV
Dr. Safwat M Attia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buckhannon, WV.