Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sai Akella
Dr. Sai Akella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with other offices in Bronx, NY and Bronx, NY (and 1 other location). She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Akella is affiliated with Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Fulton Division, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division and Bronx Lebanon Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sai Akella has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sai Akella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Akella is one of those doctors who takes the time to understand the problem holistically. Her approach makes sure that any previous per-exisiting conditions are taken into account while making a diagnosis. I was also surprised that her office is frequent on keeping up with my health. I also receive followup calls, which was also a surprise. Working with Dr. Akella my Blood Pressure was controlled with more than just using medication, she was also able to help me get on a healthy program to reduce my weight and also control my intake of non-healthy food.
Dr. Akella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Fulton Division
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
13 Years Experience
Kansas City University of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sai Akella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.