Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Said Hemmati
Dr. Said Hemmati, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Van Nuys, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Hemmati is affiliated with Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and Mission Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Said Hemmati has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
The nurses were very nice but the doctor was a jerk!!! I was the first patient of the day and it took him a good 15 minutes to come to the exam room. As soon as he did, no "Hello," "How are you", or anything. I was there for a minor surgical referal and he started talking about other medical issues that were non related. Never asked about my health history but told me what he thought was "my problem". I was "very over weight. Probably snore. I eat the wrong foods" and when I tried to speak up and correct him, he said I was incorrect. NEVER GOING BACK!!! As bad as I need my surgery, I will wait to see another doctor. Oh- and after 2 weeks, he has yet to file the paper work for my surgery with my insurance. He also spoke down to the girls in his office. I have never been so upset by a doctor than with this joker. The only reason I'm giving him a Star is because it makes me!!!
Dr verbally abuses his nurse an is rude an poorly mannered with his patients. He fights with his staff in front of patients about money that supposed patients were supposed to pay. His hands are dirty as are his uniforms an he is very inconsiderate about his oder or the mannerism he uses talking to patients He has also confused patients because he mixes up charts due to the fact his personal work space is highly unorganized.
OMG, without any tests or physical exam this barley movable doctor told me I had breast and uterian cancer, when I demanded copy of record he was reading from, he gives me record of 23 year old patient, I was 61. His nails were filthy caked with under nail dry blood, nasty. He used the walls to hold him while trying to walk. He yelled at me and was rude. He needs to stay home and hang up the stephascope.
I came to this doctor for surgery consultation because of a spreading type melanoma on my upper back. First he asked to see my breasts, when I asked why? the melanoma is on my back ...he then said "Oh, that's a mistake, I thought you had it in the breast it's a mixed with another patient ... He had no idea why I was there. Although my dermatologist has sent the biopsy results with a note that urgent surgery is I needed. Dr. Said Hammati did not give me a chance to ask any questions, and told me "don't worry." When I asked how soon he can preform the surgery (as he on his way out of the room) he answered; " insurance meeds to approve. If you do not hear from as in a week, call." Dr. Said Hammati is an older man (Mid-seventies), barely walking, bad hearing, bad vision. The total consultation was under a minute. Very scary. I would not trust him take a splinterget out of my finger. What a waist of time & Money!
He can't speak English. I asked him things slowly and clearly several times and he could not give answers, he'd just say something unrelated. Communication is very important. He is also very rude and raised his voice, yelling at me to pull down my pants after I said no and explained several times that he already diagnosed my hernia previously and that I did NOT need him to check it. Bad.
Dr. Hemmati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1966
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Said Hemmati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsINSTITUTO DE HERNIAS, 15211 Vanowen St, Van Nuys, CA
Dr. Said Hemmati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Van Nuys, CA.