Dr. Saif Mashaqi Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Saif Mashaqi?

Terrible Person

Posted on January 3rd, 2017

I saw Dr Mashaqi for a little over a year. He did not follow standard of care when doing my sleep studies, which ended up in misdiagnosis. I almost had to go on disability due to the sleeping disorder he had diagnosed me with. I discovered the truth through my own research. I filed a complaint with my insurance company, he retaliated holding my Rx as hostage. Since I had discovered another medication was the cause of my hypersomnia, I quit taking that and no longer needed the Rx's he had prescribed and was using against me. Awful experience. No Dr is perfect, but he did not own up to his mistake when it was discovered, and showed no remorse for ruining my life in many aspects.

Avoid at all costs

Posted on October 20th, 2016

I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia by Dr Mashaqi. This basically means extreme sleepiness of unknown origin. Long story short, I have figured out the cause of at least the vast majority of my hypersomnia through research of my own- side effects of antidepressants. This is, as I'm finding, a basic things to check for before giving this diagnosis. I am finding multiple other possibilities of things that could be adding to the tiredness- none of which were checked by the Dr and much of it was even basic standard of care. He ordered no bloodwork, testing, anything before this diagnosis. Look it up. This "illness" almost ruined my life, but has absolutely caused irreparable damage in many areas. I was "strongly encouraged" by my boss of to look into disability because he warned me he might have to let me go. (I work in healthcare and can not perform my duties if I am falling asleep walking, talking, setting up, direct patient care, etc) I filed a complaint with my insurance company and Dr Mashaqi has made aspects of my Healthcare very difficult now. He has charted misleading information- flat out lies, effectively making my credibility on paper zero. I am working on signed statements from coworkers to help offset this, but once a reputation is tainted... it is rarely to never the same. After 2 years in hypersomnia he'll, I am starting to wake up only to have Dr Mashaqi make my recovery much more difficult than necessary. I would not recommend him to a dog. (Because I like dogs!)

You are the best!

Posted on July 2nd, 2010

Thank you for saving my husband's life! You are a blessing!

Posted on June 30th, 2015

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.