Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waldorf, MD. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nandipati is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and UM Charles Regional Medical Center. Dr. Nandipati has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
The only reason doctors like Dr. Nandipati are still booked is because we cannot get specialists to practice in Charles County and no one wants to do the two hour commute to see another practitioner elsewhere. Expect 2 or more hours waiting for your appointment. She then leaves you in the middle of the exam for another 20+ minutes to speak to her husband, take phone calls, talk to other patients, etc. It is extremely frustrating when you have already waiting over two hours to see her and she walks out of the exam and you sit there waiting all over again. Her staff is the rudest I have come across. Don't expect to get anything done over the phone, even making appointments, if they actually answer the phones. If you cancel for any reason they will ban you from the office forever. Therefore you have to go see her even when ill. We really need to do something about getting more doctors and specialists (and especially better educated ones) in this area!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nandipati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsArthritis Clinic Pc, 3500 Old Washington Rd Ste 202, Waldorf, MD
Dr. Sailaja C Nandipati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waldorf, MD.