Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Saima Aslam
Saima Aslam, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA . She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Saima Aslam is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UCSD Medical Center Thornton and UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla. She speaks Urdu.
Saima Aslam has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Saima Aslam has the following 9 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Pseudomembranous Enterocolitis
Saima Aslam has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Saima Aslam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr.Rakshanda Aslam, treated me during my two stays at St.Lukes Episcopal Hospital, during which time I suffered from severe episodes of pancreatitis, later leading to the discovery of a tumor at the tail end of my pancreas. Dr. Aslam, expertise and bedside manner supersedes any other physcian I have ever dealt with. In most cases, physcians possess a high degree of technical and medical knowledge but lack the ability to connect and understand a patient's unique condition. Dr.Aslam, demonstrated a unmatched ability to connect with her patients, demonstrating genuine care and concern for her patients well being. She visited me every single day without fail and spent a great deal of time explaining and answering several of my questions, regardles of their redundance. Dr. Aslam is an asset to St.Lukes and any patient who recieves treatment from her, will find themselves extremely grateful and content. She was instrumental in my recovery medically but more than anything, her bedside manner brought me through one of the darkest times of my life. I owe my health and my well being to Dr. Aslam and I consider myself extremely lucky to have had her as my physcian.
Aslam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Medical Center Thornton
UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla
Ben Taub General Hospital Harris County Hosp Dist
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
18 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1999
Baylor College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Saima Aslam in this video.
Saima Aslam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.