Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sain Sain S Lu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sain Sain S Lu has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Lu is a great doc and never rushes through her appts - which is why you will wait about 45 min until you see her. SO if you have an appt at 1. Expect to not see her for another half hour or so. She really takes her time which has both positive and negative effects. She really listens to you and will try to help you figure out what is wrong. I am about to do a procedure with her so we will see how that goes. Since she is a busy doctor, it is OK to speak to a nurse if you have any issues. They are trained to answer your questions as well.
Dr. Lu is a great doctor who never rushes through appointments. She is compassionate, she listens well, she spends the time to understand and explains. She makes you calm and feel cared for. However, because of these qualities, getting an appointment especially when you have urgent matters is tough since she is very fully booked; and promptness is questionable and unpredictable. Her assistant / receptionist for some reason is not very competent - poor telephone manner, indifferent attitude towards the simplest tasks which makes your blood boil. Having said that, I still go to Dr. Lu because I trust her.
If you are searching for a doctor who will actually return your calls in the interest of answering your questions/alleviating your concerns, Dr. Lu is not the doctor for you. The first time I called to speak with Dr. Lu directly was following a procedure she performed, because I was having a lot of pain and wasn't sure if it was normal - Dr. Lu did not return my call until several days later when she had test results. The second and LAST time I ever called to try to speak with Dr. Lu was for something completely unrelated to that procedure/illness. Without even speaking to me or finding out what my symptoms were or what was wrong with me, Dr. Lu had HER RECEPTIONIST call me back and tell me which medication I should take (which she misspelled). Take my advice- Find someone else.
Love Dr. Sain Sain Lu. She's very caring and knowledgable. Dr. Lu speaks in layperson's terms and explains test results line by line. No question is too dumb. I have switched insurance providers to remain with this doctor. I has been my primary care doctors for nearly 15 years.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Sain Sain S Lu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Park Medical Group, 200 W 57th St Fl 15, New York, NY
Dr. Sain Sain S Lu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.