Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sakaye Shigekawa has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 6
DR SHIGEKAWA WAS THE MOST AMAZING LOVING DOCTOR WHO CARED FOR ALL HER PATIENTS. I WAS FORTUNATE TO BECOME HER PATIENT AT AGE 11 & THEN HAVE 2 OF MY KIDS DELIVERED BY HER AT QUEEN OF ANGELS HOSPITAL & GROW UP UNDER HER CARE. IT WAS TRULY AN HONOR TO KNOW HER! SHE LIVED TO BE 100 & WHAT A LIFE SHE HAD!
Dr. Shigekawa delivered our son. Into my hands. She was our family doctor for 16 years and our son's obstetrician and pediatrician 35 years ago. In those 35 years, I have not met a physician who is more loving and wise, skilled and compassionate as Dr. Shig. Her grace and strength are legendary in and outside LA's Asian communities. As the years pass, I am even more proud and honored to have shared this world and my family with her.
77 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago
Graduated in 1941
Dr. Sakaye Shigekawa accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions201 S Alvarado St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Sakaye Shigekawa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.