Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Saket K Ambasht
Dr. Saket K Ambasht, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ambasht is affiliated with Alaska Regional Hospital and Providence Alaska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Saket K Ambasht has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 56
The receptionist r welcome their patients well. But the dr. Ambasht is a clever doctor. He is not listening to me what is my health concern is. He kept talking to make me stop. He is not a professional dr he doesn't treat his patient good. He was rush n had no didn't let his patient ask any ? They have. I had never seen a horrible dr like this.
Dr. Ambasht is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Saket K Ambasht accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaket K Ambasht Md, 1200 Airport Heights Dr Ste 210, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Saket K Ambasht in this video.
Dr. Saket K Ambasht is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.