More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Saleh Adi has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Saleh Adi has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Saleh Adi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saleh Adi - Posted on August 14th, 2013
Hello My experience with this doctor that he was exam me When I was a kid and he was a student in human medicine I was suffering from rheumatism in the blood and i'm always complain of my legs He is now not remind me, I am his cousin and I am 33 years old But I can not forget hem .
Great advice/demeanor with Teen Diabetic
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saleh Adi - Posted on July 7th, 2012
Dr. Adi is extremely knowledgable about diabetes care, particularly in the use of a pump. After our first visit, we saw our daughters A1C go down from 8.3 to 7.0! His recommendations for multiple basal rates throughout the day were spot-on and helped get our highs in control. He is also very knowledgable about diet, nutrition and exercise. His demeanor makes him very easy to talk to, even with teenagers! I would highly recommend Dr. Adi, especially if your child is a pumper and you want to aggressively manage the disease.
Very knowledgeable with excellent follow up
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saleh Adi - Posted on September 14th, 2010
It was hard originally getting the appointment with him but I believe that is due to UCSF system. They have a concierege department that you go through to process paperwork. In addition, not many pediatric endocrinologists that will accept patients under 16 in the Bay Area. He is well known as being one of the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saleh Adi - Posted on February 19th, 2009
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Saleh Adi Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
Locations & DirectionsUCSF MEDICAL CENTER, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Saleh Adi, MD - Pediatrics in San Francisco, CA, in this video.
Dr. Saleh Adi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.