Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salem B Foad has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Salem B Foad has the following 8 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 42
Dr. Salem Foad is among the very best doctors I have ever seen in my life. I had been in so much pain in so many parts of my body that I didn't care what my outcome might be. But after my first visit and the care I received I would recommend him to anyone. Exceptionally kind and knowledgeable. Staff is super.
This was the worst dr visit imaginable. I was sent to him from louisville ky by my husband's employer for a second opinion. And he was so rude... when I sat down in his off he said what's you problem. I was like really... then he started asking me questions and when I would answer them he would tell me that I wasn't answering his question. My husband was trying to put in some input and told him to not speak... he's the worst dr ever especially for ppl who are dealing with pain and wants answer for why..
This kind and gentle man is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, period. When I first saw Dr Foad, I was in such pain with my R/A I was ready to call it quits. Dr Foad, with his wisdom, warm touch, and a heart of gold helped me make it to where I am today. My recovery didn't happen overnight, but knowing this man was in my corner made me feel I would recover.
I saw this doctor about 5 years ago when i started to have flare ups and thought i may have a issue, with his incorrect diagnosis i now have bone damage in all of my fingers and lupus. Im only 28 years old and because of his inablilty to listen to the patient he is only making things worse for them in the long run. Please do no go to him
- Ain Shams University
University Hospital/University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWafaa Foad Md, 7730 Montgomery Rd Ste 200, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Salem B Foad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.