Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salia Kathpalia has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Salia Kathpalia has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Salia Kathpalia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I made an appointment with Dr. Kathpalia when my depression was so severe I wasn't sure I wanted to live anymore. My meds weren't working, and for months I hadn't been able to find a psychiatrist who accepted my insurance and didn't have long waiting lists. I was so relieved to find a doctor and felt hopeful for the first time in months. Prior to my appointment, i told a therapist in his office that because I was considered med-resistant, I had experimental treatments every few months for the past year on an emergency basis that had improved my depression, but only temporarily. I now needed a doctor who could help find meds that would work consistently so I wouldn't need emergency treatments. Without even seeing me, he cancelled my appointment and refused to talk with me because he didn't agree with the treatments I had received. I called his office several times to explain how badly I needed his help, and if he would just talk to me, I could explain that if he could help me, I wouldn't need the treatments anymore. He never returned my calls. His disregard for my urgent need for his help is the most careless, irresponsible behavior I've ever experienced from a doctor, especially one who wouldn't even meet with me.
35 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Middletown Psych Center
Dr. Salia Kathpalia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsTodd Alvin Rochman Md, 633 Gidney Ave Ste 2, Newburgh, NY
Dr. Salia Kathpalia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newburgh, NY.