Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Salil Bakshi has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I went to him because I was recommended by a friend..I haven't been feeling good lately and was having left pelvic pain for quit sometime now..I got a sonogram done there ..and he said" everything was fine and that I had procystic ovaries and wanted to put me on birthcontrol and to come back in 6 months" so I went on birth control and the pain didn't go away ..so I went back and he said" everything is fine just some little cysts and I should not be have the pain I say I am and maybe I'm overreacting!" So I went to another doctor..thank god I did..because she ordered a cat scan and they seen a 7.2 cm mass..not a cyst..and had it removed a week later..I'm still waiting on results back from it..but I'm so happy I didn't listen to this clown! If you don't feel well ..you know your body the best..he did not want to listen to me.
my original doctor wanted to do my hysterectomy by opening my belly like a c-section. Dr Bakshi was able to perform my surgery laparoscopicaly. I have always found him to be very competent and thorough .
Unfortunately, I have had a numberous unpleasant visits with this dr. One of them was that he couldn't diagnose thrush that had developed on my breast (and in my infant's mouth) when I was breastfeeding my daughter. I had excruciating pain and described them to him in detail. He brushed me off, simply saying that a little pain was normal during breastfeeding. He basically didn't even care or wanted to take time to further investigate! After having the right diagnosis from another doctor, it took me another 3 weeks to become symptom free! Also, when I was at the hospital after giving birth and waiting to be released, he never came by to check me and sign my release papers. He had simply forgotten that I gave birth and was due to go home! On another incident he told me that I was being vindictive because I didn't agree to have my tubes tied but had told him that my husband and I had decided that hubby was getting a vasectomy instead (I was due for a 3rd C-section)! Bad, bad, bedside manners. He's not only arrogant but also very pushy when it comes to trying to convince you to take a certain medication or do a certain procedure. Not what I expect of a good physician. A good doctor is supposed to give me all the info he has and then let me decide!
Dr. Bakshi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1994
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Salil Bakshi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOakdale Ob/Gyn Associates, 971 Montauk Hwy, Oakdale, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Salil Bakshi in this video.
Dr. Salil Bakshi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakdale, NY.