Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
The Dr. failed to diagnose a major medical issue. I ended up needing two surgeries. Exam rooms frequently are not clean. Dr has kept patients waiting in exam rooms for over an hour with no check in or courteous "we will be right with you..sorry for the wait..or anything". Dr's office lost my lab specimen. I was told, "what do you expect on your insurance". Very unprofessional and discourteous staff. Would not send anyone.
After having blood work done, I was never sent the results. After three months, I called the clinic again and discovered that not only did my thyroid medication needed to be adjusted, but that I had high cholesterol as well. I received no feedback on how to control the cholesterol, so I researched online to find treatments and a diet plan. I was stunned that Dr. Bodensteiner did not contact me concerning the cholesterol, as it was at a dangerously high level. The staff members are polite, but I could tell that Dr. Bodensteiner is an axe-wielding control freak who makes her employees miserable.
Dr. Bodensteiner could not have been nicer. She was prompt in coming into the exam room. She spent time with me going over all my medical history and my family's. We talked about the meds I was taking, and she cut one of the RX's out. I liked that. We discussed aches and pains, surgeries I had in the past. This was my first visit to her, and I found her very pleasant, interested in what I had to say, and clearly explained anything that I questioned or any actions she took. For me, she is a keeper!
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMcv-Hedde Bear-Site 3, 406 N 1st St, Vincennes, IN
Dr. Sally J Bodensteiner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vincennes, IN.