Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sally H Engebretson
Dr. Sally H Engebretson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Engebretson is affiliated with Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Dr. Engebretson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sally H Engebretson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I've been seeing her for years and she is thorough and caring. A cardiologist I used to work with even spoke highly of her when asked about the best internists around. He's didn't know that I saw her, but felt she was an excellent primary care provider for complex patients. I've worked in health care for over a decade so I know physicians and she is one of the best.
I went in with a complex history that she knew about ahead of time and told her I needed someone to manage my care. She told me she was going to ignore all of my conditions and said I needed an SSRI. What for? She doesn't know anything about Fibromyalgia, Immune deficiency, CFS or anything. Their office smelled moldy and is hard to time. I wouldn't waste your time.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Engebretson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Sally H Engebretson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAllina Health, 2800 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sally H Engebretson in this video.
Dr. Sally H Engebretson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.