Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Salomon N Asmar
Dr. Salomon N Asmar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, TN, with another office in Jackson, TN. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Asmar is affiliated with Jackson Madison County General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Salomon N Asmar has 2 locations
2863 Highway 45 Byp
Jackson, TN 38305
Book Online Now
Dr. Salomon N Asmar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Salomon N Asmar has the following 12 expertise
- Radiation Oncology
- Hepatitis C
- Cancerous Tumor
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Salomon N Asmar - Posted on May 25th, 2016
This physician basically told me to stop "doctor shopping" even though I had been referred to him by my physician. Patted me on the knee and said "I'm not saying ur crazy, but sometimes patients do better with medical procedures if they have proper support (counseling) prior to procedure. They tend not to get sick after procedure." Assured me that all the doc's I've been to are all educated and they all can't be wrong. I have never been more embarrassed at a doctor's appoinment. I could not wait to get out of there!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Salomon N Asmar - Posted on July 21st, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Asmar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Salomon N Asmar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Salomon N Asmar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jackson, TN.